Friday, October 26, 2007

A Brief Holiday

Every Fall in October the schools take a week-long break, so, after 3 weeks, we are also taking a break from normal ministry activities. I really need it for catching up with my Latvian homework and practicing what I've learned.

Right now I'm in Riga where I got a hair cut and permanent!! Though the process was quite different from the way "Patty" in Corvallis does it, I was very pleased that it looks just the same. Now I can go another 3 months without having to think about what to do with my hair every day. This picture was taken in the Parters Office in Riga. That very same day I lost my camera. Don't know if it was stolen or just fell out of my jacket pocket but within two block of the office it was gone! I did loose some very nice pictures. Vineta took this one for me.

The main activity here at the Bridge Builders/Parters Office is preparation for the upcoming Latvian National Prayer Breakfast on November 9. Last year's event was very meaningful - so please pray that this one, also, will be used for God's purposes and encourage leaders of the nation to pray. I will not be attending this event but it is very strategic because Christian groups in Latvia are working together to make it happen. Pray with me that the Lord will be honored and hearts will be moved to seek Him.