Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer

You may remember my language helper, Kristine. Last summer when I first started with learning Latvian, Kristine and her brother and two sisters and some friends all wanted to help me so we met every other day at the school. The only one who continued to come was Kristine, so we have been meeting once a week all year. She never forgets - and calls me when she can't make it. She doesn't speak English which is really good because it keeps me from falling back to what is easy.
When my roommates are around, we seem to have lots of company - and sometimes they stay for dinner and for the night. Pictured left to right are: my roommate, Liga, Egija, from Riga, my roommate, Aija, Maria from Balvi, and Liga's twin sister, Aija, who lives in Riga. All spent the night except Egija whose grandmother lives in Tilza.
This week everyone from our team is helping with a camp in Ergli (about two hours from here) so I am holding down the fort so to speak. So far there haven't been any emergencies!! Please pray with me that the kids at the camp (two went from Tilza) will hear about God's Love and come to know His Love through Jesus Christ the Lord.