Thursday, June 09, 2011

Quite Surprising



When I first came here I brought with me my favorite sprinkler, having no idea if I would ever be able to use it. If I remember correctly it's called a "noodlehead". (See picture to the left) Since setting up our household here in Tilza I have tried to find a way to connect the sprinkler with the hose which comes with no attachments of any sort on either end. Just coulnd't seem to figure it out.






Well today, with sprinker in hand, I went to a small shop here (that seems to have bit of everything) and tried to explain what I wanted. Fortunately there were several men around who just kept trying to fgure it out. So with the help of a younger girl (the owner's daughter, I think) who spoke English and many ideas that were tried, they (now there were 4 men, the shop assistant and the young girl) came up with something that looked like it was going to work so I bought the various parts and pieces giving many expressions of thanks. The owner then decided that he needed to come to my house to see if it was going to work!!! I was quite shocked at his most generous help.





AND IT DOES WORK!